Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yummy Rice And Beans

My mom, who is always finding new, fun and healthy recipes shared this simple and delicious recipe with me this weekend. 
With so few ingredients, it's easy and quick to whip up and has such a wonderful, fresh taste to it, I've decided to keep it in the fridge as a snack!


Summer Rice And Beans

2 grilled chicken breasts (if desired)
2 cups of brown rice (prepared)
1 can of beans (your choice here!)
1 jar of Newmans Own Tequila Lime salsa
2 limes
cilantro
sour cream to top

Make the rice per the packaged directions, rinse beans and add them to the rice
Squeeze the juice of 2 limes over the rice and beans. Chop and add cilantro.
Serve with salsa and dollop of sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. Will have to try it....
    you do know that you and your Mom are both great artists, in oh so many ways; don't you?
    Well, if you didn't you do now...take the word of one who knows ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, my taste buds thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, lime/cilantro is one of my two favorite flavor combos. I will have to try this over the weekend when I cook again. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete