Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vanity Fair

I am happy to announce that my newest pattern Vanity Fair is now available on Ravelry, Craftsy as well as in my Etsy shop!


Awhile back I had upcycled an old shirt into legwarmers for Avrie by simply cutting off the sleeves and hemming the bottoms with Stitch Witch.  The Stitch Witch is the important thing to remember here since it was fast and didn't require stitching (stitching stretchy t-shirt fabric can be tricky!).  You simply fold up the hem with the Stitch Witch sandwiched in between and iron!  Woot Woot!
I loved the way the detailing turned out with the buttons at the top and so, decided to recreate a Me sized version out of 1 skein of FABULOUS Ella Rae Silky Merino yarn.

I love these legwarmers because they're lightweight enough to wear with a dressy skirt and slim enough to fit under my boots and get that perfect amount of slouch at the top without looking too bulky.

So here you have them, Vanity Fair.
I would like to add here that full naming credits go to my fabulous friend Alicia (who you can find on Ravelry as AliciaPlum)- she is reading this fantastic book and suggested the name.  I have to admit, the name couldn't fit these little ladies any more perfectly!



1 comment: