Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Begining Of Another Dandi Day

 The question I've wrestled with for the past half an hour: where exactly does one begin a new blog?  Perhaps you might want to know a little about me?  Maybe not.
Then again, it's hard to know a book without starting somewhere near the beginning, and it feels a bit awkward to just start shoving my random thoughts at you the unsuspecting reader, so I suppose I'll start..... well, maybe somewhere in the middle.

 I am a wife and a mom.  I have a wonderfully handsome husband and two beautiful little girls that look like you tugged them right off the page of a Tasha Tudor book.  I have a Rat Terrier, the runt of his litter, named Puck who is more like a son than a family pet and we all live somewhere in the US where the summers are warm and the winters help to keep the hot cocoa industry in business.

Somewhere near the beginning of this story, my parents packed up my siblings and I and left the suburbs of Chicago and moved us out to a small 30 acre farmette where we home schooled, raised bees and sheep and lived the simple life. But when I turned 18 and moved away from home, I went completely Metro leaving the dirt roads and farm behind.  I look back so fondly on the days of shoes, the fashion, the city lights and the live music....oh the live music (I should mention here that both of my brothers are musicians and play across the country).  Those were good times.

But having children of my own has slowed my life down and brought me back to the basics I grew up with. I've packed up my heels (oh, don't worry, I haven't retired them yet or traded them in and I still make time to flip through my subscriptions to Vogue and In Style during nap time)  for the moment, and have donned baby slings and nursing bras, traded fancy dinners for organic homemade and sometimes homegrown meals and have made it my mission to master all things homemaker.  AND I AM LOVING IT. 

Now you know a sliver about me..... so what is the real purpose of this blog you ask?
Well, fear not, this blog will not be about my life's story.
No, rather it will be about my journey through homemaking, crafting, designing, cooking and getting back to some basics with a little bit of fabulous thrown in.  I am a firm believer that homemaker does not have to equal drab.
I want to use this blog as a place to share information that I find.  I'd also like it to be a place where I can share my new designs and ideas and my many failures too.
So, stay posted because not even I know where this story is going to go, but based on the first half of the book ( at some point I might throw in a page or two), it's bound to be pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment