Sunday, January 22, 2012

In Honor Of The Rain Boot

Every year, I chose a new project to work on and a new skill to tackle.  In the past I've spent months pouring over Photoshop, drawing, painting and knitting of course.  This year I've decided to take on a few new projects, namely sewing.
I'm going to be up front in that while I feel relatively confident in my skills as a knitter, working with fiber in the form of fabric and with a needle that I rarely touch, I have definitely been served a heaping slice of humble pie.  But it's a slice I'll devour  up and enjoy!

I have a few photos sitting in my camera that I'll upload when I get the chance, or rather, the courage.

Until then, I thought I'd pay tribute to one of my dear friends, the rain boot.  If you are going to put your Jimmy Choos up for awhile and get down and dirty with your kids, or in your garden, the rain boot, who also goes by the aliases Wellies, Wellingtons, Rubbers, topboots, billy-boots, gumboots, gummies, barnboots, sheepboots, or mucking boots (this is how I know them)  to name a few, is a great choice of footwear.
Don't think you can style in a pair of knee high rubber?
Here is a bit of inspiration:




No comments:

Post a Comment